My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.displacedyinzer.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Moms Run This Town!

A few months ago I was looking for Facebook pages about Central Florida. I came across an Orlando Mom's Running group and joined. After telling them a little about myself, they suggested I look into the Seminole County Chapter. I am so glad I did!

This wonderful group, called Seminole County Florida Moms Run This Town or MRTT, is filled with women of all ages and athletic ability. They accept everyone and help you reach your goals with encouragement and support. They quickly become your friends as well as support group.

I have only participated in 2 runs with them so far, the Peace, Love and Cure 5K and this past Saturday the Start Your Engines Virtual Race. This race was set up through all the MRTT Chapters and could be done at the individual races set up at each chapter, or individually and reported virtually.


How you like my training socks and shoes?


I walked this 5K as I am just getting back into training since my surgery. My husband Marc participated too! It was great that he was able to walk along with me as well as support me. The little ones came with us too and rode along in the stroller. I was very proud of Peyton as he wanted to walk occasionally too.

What a great support team I have!

The kids did great and dispute the nasty, rainy weather, we all crossed the finish line together!


We received some incredible swag in our Swag Bags and a very nice finisher's medal! I love this blue water bottle and maybe now I won't forget to hydrate on my walks with Delaney.


I won a prize, a wine glass decorated by our Chapter Leader! It looks great in my new china cabinet!


I am proud to be a part of this incredible group of ladies and look forward to participating in many, many more events to come!




If you have been considering starting an exercise program and would like to run or even walk, please check out Mom's Run This Town Local Chapter search and find a running group near you! 

Come back and let me know if you joined!!









No comments:

Post a Comment