My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.displacedyinzer.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Yellowbird Consignment Company - "Shop Cheep!"

When I moved to Florida I brought with me all the clothes we owned. This included all kinds of winter clothes, clothes the kids were outgrowing and even maternity clothes. I didn’t want to just toss these clothes as some were in perfect condition.



Driving through our neighborhood one day I noticed a cute building with signage stating it was Yellowbird Consignment Company . As soon as I got home I called and found out that they would take the kid’s and women’s clothes as well as shoes and also the maternity clothes!

Upon entering Yellowbird you find they are so much more than just a consignment shop!




They have clothes and shoes from casual to formal. Purses, bags and scarves as well! In the kids section they have clothing, shoes and toys. They also have lots of new jewelry, soaps, artwork, and much more from artists who consign their work there as well.

The store was opened in May 2012 and is owned by Cheri Kaczmarek. Cheri, as well as Manager Katy Ferguson make every customer feel at home. They are friendly and always willing to help you out. From my very first visit these two have made me feel like a friend. They offer topnotch assistance and will help you with your shopping. I have gone to the store a few times not really looking for anything in particular, but they have aided me in finding something great while there.

Their consignment contract and guidelines are very easy to follow. You can find all the information you need about consigning here.  

What is also great about Yellowbird is that some of their items can be found in an online shop! Although not as extensive as the in shop experience, you can find many great items there!

Also be sure to check out their Facebook Page for more information and pictures! 


Yellowbird believes in supporting the community. Consignors can donate their commissions to a charity of their choice if they’d like. They can also donate clothes that do not sell in the 90 day contract period to the Giving Rack. This rack holds clothing priced 50 cents to $5.00 with proceeds going to local needs, projects and charities. Since starting the Giving Rack in 2013, Cheri and staff have donated over $1,000.00.

Yellowbird has many options to assist you in your shopping. They offer a layaway program as well as different specials every week. They also offer 10% off to consignors when they use their account money, 15% off to "Seniors" (people 50+ years) every Tuesday and 10% off to Teachers, Assistants and Students every Thursday. They also have an inhouse seamstress who can do alterations and even custom work!

I have consigned clothing and my handmade headbands seen here at Yellowbird.  I can personally say I have enjoyed my experience selling with them and usually turn my profits into new to us clothing or shoes! 
Yellowbird Consignment Company - "Shop Cheep!"




*Photos in this post courtesy of Yellowbird Consignment Company  
**Opinions are strictly my own. I was not compensated for this post nor will I be compensated if you click on links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment