My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.displacedyinzer.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Done Untraditionally

My Thanksgiving post is a day late because yesterday was a tough day. Although it was our second Thanksgiving away from the Burgh, it was the first without my oldest son. He is an adult, and when we relocated, he stayed behind. Days are getting a little easier being away from him and our other family, but Holidays and special occasions are still difficult.

My husband, our younger son and daughter and I had a quiet day at home. We originally had reservations for Thanksgiving dinner, but the boy was sick and we stayed in. We didn't have any of the fixings for a Thanksgiving meal and ended up ordering Denny's. Was a nice impromptu meal. 

I have many things to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband who works hard to provide for our family. I have 3 healthy children. I have many family members and friends who keep me going despite the miles and miles between us. And, even though it displaced us from all we knew, I am thankful for our move as it has provided us with opportunities, events and experiences we wouldn't have had otherwise! 

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! 

4 comments:

  1. Ohmigawsh Jocelyn! It is meant to be... I didn't know anyone else who did Denny's for Thanksgiving... but we did, too! Its hard for me to be in much of a Thanksgiving mood with just the four of us. :~)

    I am doing to Bloggy Moms December Blog Hop & am focusing on the ten blogs closest to mine. I look forward to getting to know you... you have no idea how you made me smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being my first comment! So exciting for me, and you definitely made my day!

      Glad to hear we "shared" Denny's Thanksgiving with you! Being so far from family we try to make the best of things, but sometimes it is difficult!

      Look forward to taking a peek at your blogs as well!

      Delete
  2. I moved 2500 miles away from my family 10 years ago, so I can understand being far away :) I hope that your Thanksgiving went well, sometimes an impromptu meal is the best kind!

    I saw your post on bloggy moms and stopping by to say hello :) I look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ann and thanks for stopping! Moving was the toughest decision ever! We did have a great meal, thanks!!

      I look forward to you being a part of my blog!

      Delete