My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.displacedyinzer.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Felt Helpless

I felt helpless during all 3 of my pregnancies and my babies first few days. All were tough in their own ways. All had high risk issues.

I've had hospitalizations, kidney infections, gestational diabetes, oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid), a nuchal cord (umbilical cord wrapped around the baby's neck) and a breech baby!

All 3 of my babies came early with the first at 38 weeks and and the others at 36. That is not super early, but the youngest 2 both ended up in the NICU with respiratory issues.

I felt helpless each and every time. But my love for my children gave me the strength to do whatever it was I needed to do. Whether it was additional doctor visits, hospital stays, amniocentesis, insulin injections or the like I was ready to take care of myself and in turn take care of them. I felt helpless, but I didn't need to be. I also had a strong support group around me.

I am not going to have any more children, but having 3 has taught me a lot about myself and how strong I can be!




My 3 healthy beautiful children and my inspiration to never feel helpless! 




*This blog post is part of the Bloggy Mom's Blog Dare 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment