My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.displacedyinzer.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My 14 of 2014


I read this quote tonight and thought what a fantastic idea! January 1st brings with it a clean slate, a new start, and 365 days to look forward to! Why not get a blank book and track my progress of my 14 Goals For 2014 and share that here with you?!

My 14 are, in no particular order:

Quit being sad about moving from Pittsburgh and start making a wonderful life in Florida. I'll never, ever forget my roots, but my new hometown has many opportunities and things to explore!

Get my driver's license. I've had my permit a few times, but never got my license. Pittsburgh had a huge transit system and you could take the bus or trolley just about anywhere. Add in all the family I had and I could get a ride just about anywhere! Florida has buses, but nothing like Pittsburgh. I need my license and no longer have an excuse not to get it! 

Learn to use my sewing machine. I recieved a very nice machine from my husband and kids for Mother's Day almost 2 years ago. I want to learn, just didn't make the time. I will be bringing that machine out very soon!

Hang living room curtains. May not seem like a big deal, but we've lived in our Florida home over a year and still do not have curtains! Maybe I'll be daring and even make them myself! 

Convince my oldest son Elias to move to Florida. This one is more a dream than a goal. He's a college graduate and has a very nice job in Pittsburgh. I respect him wanting to stay in the Burgh, but he'll always be my baby boy and I want him near me!

Get everyone on a sleep schedule. My 4 1/2 year old son Peyton and 1 year old daughter Delaney do not have the best sleep schedule. My husband and I have tried to set one and failed. We will succeed and have 12 months to do so!!

Eat better. We've already cut out red meat and stopped keeping a lot of snacks in the house. I also recently joined a fruit and veggie co-op which gives us a huge box of produce every 2 weeks. Now we just need consistency. And donuts to go away. 

Walk more. The plan is to walk more, which will hopefully lead to running, which will hopefully lead to a 10K or 2. I'm all about baby steps though so walking another 5K is the goal I'm setting  for now. 

Read more, especially with my kids. Modern technology has a way of taking over. I want us all to learn to put the phones, iPad, and computers away and spend more time reading books together. 

Garden more. This is one of my favorite parts of living in Florida. Year round gardening! I've already learned so much and now want to apply it and make the most beautiful garden I can! 

Have a successful blog. And I'll need your help! Please participate, comment and make suggestions on what you'd like to see in 2014. I would love to hear from you!

Do more crafts. I love being crafty and have gotten away from it a little since moving. I'm on a search for reuse and creative centers near I live and will share my finds!

Make friends. I've met a few people since moving, but haven't really made good friends yet. I just need to get out more!

Have date nights with my husband. Marc and I haven't found a babysitter yet, which makes getting out a little difficult. We've always had family watch the kids before moving. We will need to figure out how to hire a sitter! 

So there are my 14!  I would love to hear what you have planned for the new year.

What are your 14 for 2014?







*This blog post is part of the Bloggy Mom's Blog Dare 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment